- Contact information (e.g., your name, email address, job title, company name).
- Demographic and interests information (e.g., state, preferred language).
- Payment information for purchases made through the Digital Services (e.g., payment card number, expiration date and billing information). This information is used for the limited purposes of processing your transaction, providing you with the Materials and to protect our rights or the rights of others.
- Information you choose to share with us (e.g., when you submit an inquiry through an online form on a Digital Service).
- Transactional and activity information (e.g., requests, searches or orders).
- If you apply for a course administered by American Course Academy, we may request further details from you. This information is used for purposes of assessing your qualification for the course and may include:
- Date of birth.
- Information provided by you in your personal statement and other information you choose to share with us in support of your application for the course.
- Information about your computer, device, browser and operating system (e.g., type, model, or version).
- Internet protocol (IP) address, which is used to derive your general geographic area (e.g., city and country).
- Device identifiers.
- Information about your interactions with the Digital Services, including browsing activities and clickstream data that reflect the Materials you have accessed, clicked on, or viewed.
- Information about how you accessed the Digital Services, including details about websites or apps visited immediately before or after accessing a Digital Service.
- Demographic and interests information (e.g., state, preferred language).
- Information about your interactions with email messages and other communications, such as whether you opened or forwarded the email or clicked on links contained in the email.
D. Information we obtain from other sources American Course Academy receives information about you from other sources which may be combined with information obtained about you as a result of your interactions with the Digital Services or Materials. For example, we obtain data from:
- Organizers of industry events. We obtain information from organizers of events and conferences you attend subject to the sharing practices of the relevant event organizers.
- Third-party data suppliers such as data aggregators, data resellers, public databases and business partners. These suppliers provide us with demographic information, information about your organization, and other information that helps us learn about you and other users of the Digital Services.
- Your organization or other individuals at your organization if you are authorized to access a Digital Services and/or Materials via a corporate account.
- Operators of third-party sites, platforms or other devices and technologies when you interact with the Materials on those channels and platforms.
The categories of information that we collect about you from other sources are your personal details (for example your name and date of birth) and your contact details (such as your phone number, email address, postal address or mobile number). 3. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN American Course Academy uses the information we obtain: A. To provide you with the Digital Services. This service includes:
- Processing your requests regarding the Digital Services and the Materials.
- Providing customer assistance or technical support.
- Customizing the Digital Services and Materials, providing recommendations and enhancing the quality and your overall experience with the Digital Services, including by retaining your user preferences or optimizing the presentation of the Digital Services and Materials based on your industry or interests and for the browser or device you use to access the Digital Services.
- Maintaining, operating, improving and developing the Digital Services, Materials and other American Course Academy products and services.
- Learning about users of the Digital Services and analyzing how you and others interact with and respond to the Digital Services and Materials, including by measuring and optimizing usage, reliability and performance, conducting market research, performing analytics, and supporting our operations (e.g., for accounting, auditing, financial, legal or other purposes).
B. To communicate with you. This activity includes:
- Sending you Materials you have requested or which we believe are of interest to you.
- Sending you informational messages about the Digital Services (e.g., to confirm your access to the relevant Materials or notify you of changes to a Digital Service).
- Delivering marketing or promotional communications.
- Responding to your questions or addressing your requests.
- Providing you with surveys regarding the Digital Services.
C. For advertising and marketing purposes, including interest-based advertising. This activity includes:
- Developing, managing and conducting advertising and marketing campaigns, promotions and offers, including about the Digital Services, Materials and other American Course Academy, services or initiatives.
- Cross-device linking. If you access the Digital Services from multiple browsers or devices, we, our service providers and third parties may try to establish connections among and link the different browsers and devices you use to access the Digital Services. This helps us provide you with a seamless experience across the browsers and devices you use and serve you with the relevant Materials.
- Interest-based advertising (also known as targeted or personalized advertising or ads) is advertising based on your interests as inferred from your activities over time on the Digital Services and online services operated by third parties, as well as other information. Interest-based ads consist of text ads, images, animations or videos and are displayed to you based on various factors, including the context of the site or app in which they appear (e.g., sport or travel section), information you provided to the operator of the site or app (e.g., when you created an account), your activities on the site or app (e.g., pages viewed, searches performed or ads clicked), and information such as your demographic, interests and household information.
- We use online and offline information we obtain about you, including your personal information, for interest-based advertising purposes. We aggregate the information we obtain to create audiences that are most likely to respond to ads based on demographic, interests or household information.
- Interest-based ads may be displayed to you by third parties, such as ad networks or exchanges.
D. To protect our rights or the rights of others. This protection includes:
- Performing audits, assessments and testing or troubleshooting activities.
- Backing up our systems (including for disaster recovery purposes) and enhancing the overall security of the Digital Services.
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements (including legal process such as court orders, warrants, regulatory investigations, or subpoenas) and/or fulfilling contractual obligations.
LEGAL BASIS FOR USING THE INFORMATION We must have a legal basis to process your personal information. The legal basis will be one of the following:
- To honor our contractual obligations to you when we use your information to provide you with the Digital Services or to provide access or a subscription to Materials. For example, when you purchase a subscription from us, it will be necessary to process your payment details and contact details to confirm and provide the subscription. Failure to provide the information could prevent or delay the fulfilment of the contractual obligations.
- To comply with our legal obligations when we use your information to protect our rights or the rights of others and when we share your information with other parties where required by law or as necessary to protect our rights. We are required to collect certain information from you when processing your subscription payment for tax or financial reporting reasons. Similarly, local tax law will often require us to keep information about contest or promotion participants for audit and taxation purposes.
- To meet our legitimate interests when we use your information to provide you with the Digital Services, to communicate with you and for advertising and marketing purposes, including interest-based advertising or when we share your information with our affiliates and subsidiaries, in the context of a corporate transaction or with our business partners, social media platforms and advertisers. Our legitimate interests include improving the Digital Services, our products and services, understanding how you interact with our Digital Services and publications, deriving knowledge to develop new products and services, and customizing the Digital Services by making them more relevant and interesting to you and others. When we process personal information to meet our legitimate interests, we put in place safeguards to help ensure that your privacy is given due regard.
- Maintain business records for analysis, understanding market trends and/or audit purposes and to improve our Digital Services.
- Comply with record retention requirements under applicable laws or other relevant legal or regulatory requirements.
- Defend, establish, exercise or bring any existing or potential legal claims.
- Carry out fraud detection and prevention.
- Deal with any complaints regarding the Digital Services, our products and services.